Redesign - Faux Pearl Necklace

Friday, March 14, 2008


I was asked by a customer to redesign an existing necklace.  It was to be a present to the customer's daughter, to be worn on her wedding day.

The necklace started out as a long, single strand, vintage faux pearl necklace.  The customer requested that the necklace be shortened by 15 pearls, and these be used to make a matching bracelet.  I interspaced the pearls with clear, swarovki crystals to make the bracelet long enough.
Both the customer, and her daughter were delighted with my finished work.  I have to say that I'm quite proud too :)

It was a difficult job, as silk thread was too thick for the holes in the pearls.  I had to then use 2 doubled strands of nymo on two different needles.  I then had to double, sometimes triple knot in between every bead to give the hand knotted look to the necklace and bracelet.  There was lots of tears and tangles but it was worth it.

0 comments: