Pearl Knotting

Friday, February 29, 2008


My little sister is getting married in April and I wanted to make her something special for her big day.  I remembered that pearls are traditional for brides, so started there.
 
I didn't want to just make a plain pearl necklace, so I decided to add a few swarovski crystals.  I used some new and some vintage crystals in the necklace.  I also used silk thread for the necklace and a stunning sterling silver clasp.  The clasp is a toggle and hoop  which is made to look like a floral bouquet when fastened.

This was my 1st time doing pearl knotting, and using silk thread.  I was thoroughly delighted with my efforts.  I took the finished necklace into a vintage jewellery shop near my house.  I showed my work to the owner, who was stunned with my efforts.  She told me it did not look like the work of a 1st timer :)

*proud*

Now to see if my picky little sister approves.  Fingers crossed.

0 comments: