Paua Shell Madness

Tuesday, February 5, 2008


Last time I was at the beadshop, I noticed the most beautiful paua shell pendant.
  
My mind started turning once I got home, as to how I could use it in one of my designs.  I went back about a week later, bought the pendant and took it home.  

The necklace came together really quickly and was completed in next to no time at all.  I was delighted with the results.  So delighted, in fact that I decided to keep it for myself.  I bought another set of ingredients soon after and made another copy of the necklace, to sell this time!

I am in love with the way that the subtle rainbow colours of the fresh water, peacock pearls echo the iridesence of the paua shell.  I have worn my necklace so much since I made it.  It's one of those designs that looks fab with sloppy jeans and jumpers or dressed up to the nines for a night out.  I *heart* versatility! 

0 comments: